Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mock draft (pre-lottery)

As almost every web site that's about NBA has it's own mock draft, I'll also give it a try. I'll write only for 1st round because I don't have time for 2nd but will add a couple of names that look interesting to me. Nothing to add anymore so I can start...

1. Miami Heat - Derrick Rose, PG, Memphis
Rose is a great prospect, as well as is Beasley. Both of this guys will be great in NBA, but I give Rose a little advantage, great passer and defender, should work on his shooting but still he's player that turns franchise upside down in a second.

2. Seattle Sonics - Michael Beasley, PF, Kansas State
Since Rose is gone this is a no brainer. After Durant and Oden, we get another monster player in our division. He has proven he can score and rebound big time, and improves Sonics a lot at the PF position.

3. Minnesota Timberwolves - O.J. Mayo, PG/SG, USC
Another great player. Can create his own shots and could become terrific backcourt duo with Foye. Even though we're desperate for big man, I think neither big man on this draft deserves to be picked this high. Hopefully we can find somebody to fill that position in second round.

4. Memphis Grizzlies - Brook Lopez, C, Stanford
Like Timberwolves, Grizzlies are desperate for a big man. They are filled at PG, so only logical pick is Brook Lopez. I won't comment what kind of player could he become as he's to me just an average player. He could easily finish in Minnesota too, but let's hope not. ;)

5. New York Knicks - Jerryd Bailess, PG, Arizona
Knicks are pretty hard to guess, who could they draft. Still, I'll go with PG, as I don't see them drafting some big man. Next best PG on draft is Bailess. Nice player who could do well with D'Antoni, but I wont be suprised if they draft Randolph or Gallinari.

6. Los Angeles Clippers - Eric Gordon, SG, Indiana
They're in no need for big man's and I see them a little short on backcourt. Supose that they still have hope in Livingston, Gordon is a logical move for them.

7. Milwaukee Bucks - Anthony Randolph, SF, LSU
After last year's fiasco, I don't think they will go with a foreign player although Gallinari is probably a best suit for them. But who knows what they are thinking about... I guess they will make a lot moves this offseason so everything is possible here.

8. Charlotte Bobcats - Danilo Gallinari, SF, Italy
They really don't have any big needs so they can gamble with foreign player. I would really like to see how this could work out. Here I also see a big posibility of trade-down and taking some big man, but let's let them think about this posibilities...

9. Chicago Bulls - DeAndre Jordan, C, Texas A&M
Bulls have a young team, with a couple of overpaid players. They don't have some necessary need so they can also afford to gamble. I project them Jordan, maybe the biggest sleeper in this draft, but easily could become next Kwame or Darko.

10. New Jersey Nets - Kevin Love, PF, UCLA
Nets are in big need for big mans so Love will suit them very well. They are also team with potentialy busy summer so I wouldn't exclude some trade up or something like that.

11. Indiana Pacers - DJ Augustin, PG, Texas
One of the players I like least in this draft to one of the teams I don't like. Sweet. :)

12. Sacramento Kings - Darrel Arthur, PF, Kansas
Great fit for Kings. They need PF and they get one for years to come.

13. Portland Trailblazers - Russell Westbrook, PG/SG, UCLA
Blazers actually don't need nothing, but again they will end up with a great player. Westbrook is a great player for them, and I'm really scared when think what kind of team they could have in about 2-3 years.

14. Golden State Warriors - Donte Greene, SF/PF, Syracuse
Warriors really like great athletes. Greene adds them depth and could become nice player at PF for them.

15. Phoenix Suns - JaVale McGee, C, Nevada
Suns must get younger. Their starting lineup is like 200 years old. I was in dillema weather to add McGee or some SF, but they will need someone to play at C big minutes so I've decided for McGee. Should be good combo with Amare in years to come...

16. Philadelphia 76ers - Chris Douglas-Roberts, SG, Memphis
Just adding depth, it was CDR or Brandon Rush but CDR will fit them better so I've chosen him. Wouldn't be suprised if they draft Alexander also. ;)

17. Toronto Raptors - Roy Hibbert, C, Georgetown
They are short on C position so Hibbert fits them well.

18. Washington Wizards - Robin Lopez, C, Stanford
Another team that really doesn't have any needs, just adding to depth and who knows. Maybe Robin proves to be a sleeper.

19. Cleveland Cavaliers - Ty Lawson, PG, North Carolina
Delonte West is playing great in these playoffs, but I think Lawson would be a great fit for them and could quite improve their team. He's also one of the players I really like on this draft. :)

20. Denver Nuggets - Bill Walker, SG/SF, Kansas State
Nuggets have one of the best rosters in whole league but until they change their coach I don't see improvement. Let's say they'll go with Bill Walker.

21. New Jersey Nets - Kosta Koufos, C, Ohio State
Adding even more height.

22. Orlando Magic - Courtney Lee, SG, Western Kentucky
Magic needs more magic at SG so only logical choice is Lee.

23. Utah Jazz - Brandon Rush, SG, Kansas
Absolutely terrific fit for Jazz. Brewer improved but he's still just an average player. Rush is excellent all-round player, good outside shot. Imidiate starter for them and big time performer from the start.

24. Seattle Sonics - Alex Ajinca, C, France
After drafting Beasley at #2, they should look for C or PG. As there are no usefull PG's, they might gamble with one more player from France.

25. Houston Rockets - Joe Alexander, SF/PF, West Virginia
Rockets have been great all season long despite big injury problems. Alexander is one more player I like, and he's a great backup for them.

26. San Antonio Spurs - Ryan Anderson, PF, California
You never know with Spurs, but I see Anderson as a big time sleeper on this draft. He doesn't actually fits Spurs but I wouldn't suprised if they draft him.

27. New Orleans Hornets - Wayne Ellington, SG, UNC
Peterson is nice player for them but he's getting older. Ellington could turn out to be descent player, and with CP3 in team, he could perform very well.

28. Memphis Grizzlies - Mareese Speights, C/PF
Adding players to frontcourt can't be bad.

29. Detroit Pistons - Richard Hendrix, Pf, Alabama
I really have no idea who could they draft so I've gone with probably BPA.

30. Boston Celtics - Joey Dorsey, C, Memphis
Celtics are quite old and whatever position they draft they can't make fault. I see them as a big time contender next season also so they should add a defensive minded center. Joey is undersized but he's really tough one. ;)

When I look at this point what's left for second round, I like only a couple of players. Hardin could be reach, Chalmers is nice also and maybe Pekovic but he is under question mark as he shall probably stay in Europe for at least one more year...

Lottery is in 5 days, let's hope we slip into top2 so we get an franchise player. ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

test